26 Murlong Crescent, Palm Beach.The highset, dual-living home is on a 556sq m block in a tightly-held pocket which overlooks Tallebudgera estuary to Burleigh Heads.“There is a development approval to build two luxury, four-bedroom homes,” Mr Holland said. The property was snapped up for $55,000 when it first hit the market in 1975.Last year, Palm Beach was the Gold Coast’s fastest-selling suburb with some properties spending less than two days on the market before being snapped up. CoreLogic data revealed the Gold Coast was the busiest non-capital-city auction region last weekend, with 70 auctions held and a clearance rate of 53.9 per cent. The results were in front of Geelong, the Sunshine Coast and Hunter regions. 150 Mallawa Drive, Palm Beach.A space-age design and sparkling purple splashback are just some of the features of this four-bedroom home, with McGrath marketing agent Andy Hogarth recording strong interest from Melbourne buyers.“There is always the occasional Sydney buyer, but I have seen a surge in people from Melbourne who have taken a keen interest in Palm Beach,” Mr Hogarth said.McGrath agents Tony Holland and Rachel Ford also expect to see a strong crowd for their auction of a 1970s home at 26 Murlong Cres on Saturday at 1pm. 240 Mallawa Drive, Palm Beach.McGrath Palm Beach agent Maria Hobbs has organised the ice cream cart to beat the heat at her 2pm auction of 240 Mallawa Drive on Saturday.“It is going to be a hot one so I have got the gelato cart in to keep the kids busy and the bidders cool,” she said. Mrs Hobbs said there had been plenty of interest in the property, with 40 groups of interstate and local buyers inspecting the house since it went on the market.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North10 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day ago“The interstate buyers have huge interest in Palm Beach,” she said. “They really want a family home closer to water.”Mr Keeley will then move up the street at 3pm to auction 150 Mallawa Drive. 240 Mallawa Drive, Palm Beach.CROWDS of interstate buyers are expected to descend on Palm Beach this weekend with the auction activity so hot one agent has organised an ice cream cart for the crowd.Three Palm Beach waterfront homes are among a total of 21 properties lined up for Gold Coast auctions this weekend.Auctioneer Richard Keeley, who will call two auctions at Mallawa Drive, described the suburb as a “sleepy town” which had risen to fame in the past six months.“Palm Beach has become very hot in a short amount of time – and that is because the market has realised it has value for money,” he said. “With new infrastructure and a boom in hip cafes, the area is really on the radar for interstate buyers. There is strong capital growth in the area and it will continue.“There are always five to 15 registered bidders every Saturday in the area.”
Press Association Alan Pardew is convinced Newcastle will face the team of the season, regardless whether the Reds lift the title or not. He said: “They have been brilliant. They have been the team of the season, probably, regardless of whether they win it or not. “It’s a tough game for us because at home, they have been awesome. “They have got real pace in the team and in the modern game, that kills you. “You look at Bayern Munich – it’s real pace everywhere. Real Madrid – the top teams, you have got to have that pace. “It’s something that as a manager you long for and hopefully we can improve a little bit on in our team.” Key to Liverpool’s success has been their SAS strike partnership of Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge. Pardew has huge admiration for Uruguay international Suarez, who was last month named the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year. He said: “You don’t win an award like that from your fellow professionals unless you deserve it. He has been outstanding. “He elevates Liverpool to another level, there’s no doubt about that. I think Brendan would agree with that.” Newcastle will run out at Anfield at least having ended a damaging run of six successive league defeats by beating Cardiff 3-0 at St James’ Park last week, although amid an atmosphere which left Pardew in little doubt as to his current standing on Tyneside. His most vociferous critics were far from placated by a result which at least ensured the club will finish in the top half of the table, and he knows he has a major job on his hands to persuade some supporters that he remains the right man for the job. The 52-year-old said: “We desperately want to win and in terms of the game, it’s going to be a great atmosphere, for sure, because Brendan Rodgers has done an unbelievable job. “Moving four or five positions at the top of the league is the hardest job that there is in football, and for me he has got a great chance of being Manager of the Year, and rightly so – and he could still win the title. “That’s his format. For me, it’s about a performance that will make our fans at least believe that we have got some good players here still and that we just need a couple more to boost it. “I have got to be careful what numbers I use because it always gets washed away, but we know that we need more players.” Striker Papiss Cisse is out as he faces up to four months on the sidelines after undergoing surgery to repair a fractured kneecap. Monday’s contest at Selhurst Park, in which the Merseysiders were held 3-3 after leading 3-0 with a little more than 10 minutes to go, appeared the final nail in the coffin for their Barclays Premier League title challenge. If they are to emerge from Sunday’s top-flight finale as champions, they will need to beat Newcastle at home and hope West Ham win at leaders Manchester City, who are two points clear of the second-placed Reds with a vastly superior goal difference. Brendan Rodgers insists the spirit in the Liverpool camp has been “excellent” ahead of Sunday’s clash with Newcastle, despite the hammer blow of the draw at Crystal Palace. Rodgers’ men had looked destined to claim a first league title for the club in 24 years not long ago and their devastation was clear after the final whistle on Monday. But while he is keen for there to be lessons taken from such painful experiences, the Northern Irishman has also emphasised the importance of not dwelling on what might have been and continuing to look forward. Asked at his pre-Newcastle press conference how the spirit had been since the Palace match, Rodgers – who is adamant he has not yet given up on the title – said: “It has been excellent. “You could see the emotion after the game and that was pretty much the same in the dressing room afterwards. “But we know the areas we need to improve. “We won’t dwell on it. You can’t think about what might or could have happened, you can only really focus on what has happened and look forward to getting better and improving.” Liverpool have midfielder Jordan Henderson available again for Sunday’s match . Henderson has missed the last three games due to suspension after being sent off in the 3-2 win over Manchester City. The conclusion of the ban means that, other than long-term knee injury victim Jose Enrique, Rodgers has a full squad to choose from.
Photo by: Getty Images Wayne Barnes awards the match-winning try. The tournament organisers said on Friday that its Untoward Incident Review Group had concluded France failed to comply with the “HIA (head injury assessment) protocol and/or the relevant laws of the game.”It added, however, that there was “no clear evidence” of any intent to obtain a competitive advantage. France won the game 20-18 with a try scored 20 minutes after the end of normal time.Wales coach Rob Howley said then that replacement prop Uini Atonio’s stoppage time substitution by starter Rabah Slimani was unlawful. “The integrity of the game has been brought into disrepute,” he told a news conference at the time.”What happened in the last moments of that game shouldn’t ever happen again. One of the coaches had a word with their doctor and within a minute of that their tighthead went off. The evidence suggests that it’s not in the integrity of our game.”Slimani had earlier been replaced but was allowed back on when Atonio went off for a head injury assessment.