first_imgFormer world number one Andy Murray has all but ruled out playing singles at Wimbledon this year and said he will focus on doubles when he makes his comeback from hip-resurfacing surgery.The Scot has not played since his first-round exit from the Australian Open in January but said last month he was finally pain-free after the operation and planning to return to the ATP tour.Murray, who will get a wildcard for the Queen’s Club Championships in June if fit, told the Times that playing singles would be a step too far given the state of his rehabilitation.”It’s not enough time,” the 32-year-old said. “I’d say there’s very little chance I’d play singles during the grass (season). Potentially doubles, but I’m not trying to get ready for singles. I’ve only just started moving now.”Murray has started training since the procedure and hopes to emulate doubles veteran Bob Bryan, who successfully returned to competitive tennis after a similar operation.Bryan, who cut his season short in 2018 to have surgery and returned to the tour this year, was the one who advised Murray that surgery could improve his quality of life when the Scot was thinking of quitting tennis.”I don’t have pain,” Murray added. “I just need to see how good the hip can get really. I know from seeing what Bob Bryan has done that for doubles it will be absolutely fine. I’ll need to see from there how it would work singles-wise.advertisement”If I continue to feel good then I will obviously give it a shot in singles and see what happens. In doubles, I’m pretty certain I’ll be able to play, just based on having an example to look at.”Also Read | Novak Djokovic remains world No. 1 despite loss in RomeAlso Read | I thought my tennis career was over after pregnancy: Victoria AzarenkaAlso Seelast_img read more

first_imgNew Delhi: The Delhi government has formulated guidelines for ensuring that the children who are rescued as labourers are enrolled in schools and are not pulled out to be forced into child labour again, officials said on Monday. According to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) formulated by ‘Samagra Shiksha’, part of Delhi government’s education department, the District Urban Resource Coordinators (DURCC) will be included as a part of the District Task Force (DTF) set up in each district by the Delhi government’s labour department. Also Read – Odd-Even: CM seeks transport dept’s views on exemption to women, two wheelers, CNG vehicles The DURCC’s are experienced teachers, retired principals, or officials working with the education department. “A list of rescued child labour in the previous month may be provided to the DURCC every month. The School Management Committee (SMC) members with the Cluster Resource Centre Coordinators (CRCC) will visit the parents or guardians of the rescued child labour and counsel them to get the child enrolled in the school for his or her better future prospect,” the guidelines issued by the Delhi government said. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: Javadekar It said, “They shall facilitate the admission of the rescued child labour in the school in age appropriate class and after assessment, shift him or her to the Special Training Centre for bridge course, if need be. “The heads of schools and teachers shall monitor the attendance of the child for six months to ensure that the child is not pulled out of school and pushed again into child labour,” it said. The Delhi High Court last week directed the AAP government and the police to strictly follow the Delhi Action Plan for Total Abolition of Child Labour, which gives the procedure for interim care and protection of the rescued children. A bench of Chief Justice D N Patel and Justice C Hari Shankar noted that the Delhi action plan was submitted by the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) and accepted by the court in its orders of July 15, 2009 and November 5, 2014. The bench said it is the bounden duty of the authorities to ensure that there is no violation of the provisions of the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act and the Bounded Labour System (Abolition) Act. The NCPCR, after holding consultation with stakeholders and after conducting research and survey, had finalised a Delhi Action Plan for total abolition of Child Labour, clearly defining the role and responsibilities of various departments.last_img read more

first_imgMumbai: NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Tuesday said he will visit the Enforcement Directorate (ED) office on September 27 in connection with a money laundering case filed against him by the agency. Addressing media here, Pawar also questioned the timing of the ED move, which comes days before the October 21 Maharashtra Assembly elections. Pawar said he will visit the ED office at 2 pm on September 27 to submit “whatever information” sought in connection with the Maharashtra State Co-operative Bank scam. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss account details under automatic exchange framework “I will be mostly out of Mumbai for Assembly poll campaigning. The agency officials shouldn’t misunderstand that I am unavailable. I will go to them and give them whatever information they want,” Pawar said. Pawar said he believes in the Constitution of India. “Maharashtra follows the ideology of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. We don’t know bowing down before the Delhi takht (throne),” Pawar said. The ED has filed a money laundering case against Pawar, his nephew Ajit Pawar and others in connection with the bank scam. The case is based on a Mumbai Police FIR which had named former chairmen of the bank, Ajit Pawar and 70 former functionaries of the cooperative bank.last_img read more