A CROWD of 4,800 turned up to Sean MacCumhaill Park for this afternoon’s Donegal SFC final.Gaoth Dobhair and Naomh Conaill drew 0-8 apiece in a drab encounter.Naomh Conaill came from two points down late in the game to force a replay, having led at half-time. Both teams might feel as if it was one that got away but, on reflection, will be content to get another crack.As always, Evan Logan was on hand to capture the faces in the crowd …All set to cheer on Naomh Conaill were Clara, Senan, Brenda and Pauline.Gaoth Dobhair supporters Maria, Megan and Sinead.Gaoth Dobhair supporters Paul and Louise.Dara Gallagher’s parents James and Bridgeen ready to get behind Naomh Conaill.Kilcar supporters Justina, Artur, Damian, Fabian, Kuba and Simon.Gaoth Dobhair supporters Katelyn, Padraig and Robyn.Picture special: Were you at the Donegal SFC final in Ballybofey? was last modified: October 20th, 2019 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:2019 Donegal SFCGaoth DobhairNaomh Conaill
SANTA CLARA — Check back here throughout the next 24 hours to see how the 49ers are whittling their roster down to the 53-man limit by 1 p.m. Saturday:Before we get to those released, let’s update you on running back Jerick McKinnon, whose 49ers career has yet to truly start because of a knee injury last Sept. 1.He has not been released but the NFL Network reported what we’ve been speculating for weeks: McKinnon is a candidate for short-term injured reserve (he’d have to be on the initial …
6 November 2013The Volvo Golf Champions, to be hosted by South Africa’s Durban Country Club in January, on Tuesday announced a 50 percent increase in its prize fund to US$4-million. Defending champion Louis Oosthuizen also confirmed his participation in the event.The exclusive, limited-field event serves as the European Tour’s “Tournament of Champions”.Only players who have won on the Tour in the previous year, or current Tour players who have won 10 or more Tour titles in their careers qualify for the prestigious tournament.Winner’s chequeThe winner will walk away with a cheque for $700 000 (approximately R7.17-million). However, thanks to the event’s elite status, every player will be richly rewarded for qualifying for the tournament. Contesting it will also give those players a head start in the Race to Dubai standings.Defending champion Louis Oosthuizen said in a statement: “It is fantastic for South Africa to get to host the European Tour’s ‘Tournament of Champions’ again.“It is an impressive boost to the prize fund and I am delighted to be defending my title at the Durban Country Club. I love the course and enjoy the advantage of playing in front of my home crowd. I look forward to opening my season there very much.”Per Ericsson, the President of Volvo Event Management, said: “We are thrilled to make this announcement underlining the prestige of our Championship and its key position on the European Tour schedule.“As this event is a very important sales and marketing platform for the Volvo brand, we will soon be revealing some amazing Hole-in-One prizes, which will continue our innovative approach from last year.”‘A must-play’Thomas Bjorn, the Chairman of the European Tour Player Committee and speaking on behalf of the players said: “The players are very grateful to Volvo for all they have contributed to our Tour and I believe that this increase in prize money will make this year opening event a ‘must-play’ for those players hoping to qualify for the European Ryder Cup team.“The Volvo Golf Champions is a very prestigious event on our schedule and one that everyone wants to qualify for.”Guy Kinnings, the Global Head of Golf for IMG, the tournament’s co-owners, commented: “This is a very exciting announcement for the Volvo Golf Champions and it’s clear that players qualifying for the Tournament have a great opportunity to get their season off to a flying start.Good feedback“We have had such good feedback from the players about their experiences in KwaZulu-Natal during the Volvo Golf Champions in January, I know that all the players qualifying will be absolutely delighted by this announcement and is yet more evidence of Volvo’s tremendous support of the European Tour.”The Championship is being supported by the KwaZulu-Natal Department for Economic Develop and Tourism.SAinfo reporter
Chief Justice Peralta on upcoming UAAP game: UP has no match against UST PLAY LIST 01:00Chief Justice Peralta on upcoming UAAP game: UP has no match against UST00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss MOST READ Creamline fends off PacificTown-Army for 8th straight win Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Baldwin said traveling as a team is a good way to achieve it.“It’s a great experience I think for the boys to understand travel, understand the difficulties that long tours represent they gotta be away from home, they gotta bond together as a team, we gotta help each other through everything that we face,” said Baldwin.“There’s a lot when you go on tour so it’s something that I believe in in terms of building character as a team.”Ateneo will be shooting for a third straight UAAP crown in Season 82.ADVERTISEMENT Urgent reply from Philippine football chief POC chief on SEA Games hosting glitches: ‘It’s normal’ PH beach spikers also eye spots to Continental Cup World dragon boat champs out to make waves in SEA Games View comments MANILA, Philippines—Fresh off a PBA D-League championship, Ateneo’s busy off season shifts overseas as it rolls up its sleeves ahead of the coming UAAP season.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. The Blue Eagles are set to leave the country early next month and set up camp in Greece, which is their first of several stops in their Season 92 buildup.“We’ll have a training camp in Greece and that will be pretty brutal, to be honest. It’s gonna be hard work,” Ateneo coach Tab Baldwin told reporters Tuesday after his team clinched the D-League title with a 98-66 whipping of Centro Escolar University.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption charges“Then, we’ll go to Singapore and play the Singapore national team on the way back and then head down to Australia to Perth, we have a few games in Perth, then over to Melbourne.”The goal for the Blue Eagles is not only to develop their skills but to also build stronger chemistry and bond on and off the court. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting
Kolkata: The state government has prepared elaborate schemes to coordinate canals, wetlands and rivers to augment irrigation facilities during drought.On the occasion of World Water Monitoring Day, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee tweeted: “Today is World Water Monitoring Day. Our #Bangla Govt has recently announced the new ‘Jalashree’ scheme with the aim of coordinating irrigation projects involving canals, wetlands & rivers so as to give effective relief to people during periods of drought. The #Bangla Govt is already running the ‘Jal Dharo-Jal Bharo’ scheme with the objective of rainwater harvesting. The Jalatirtha scheme, for minor irrigation, has now been extended to the Sundarbans and the Hills.” Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaIt may be mentioned that the state government has declared July 12 as ‘Save Water Save Life Day’, which will be celebrated throughout the state every year. On July 12 this year, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee took part in a road show that started from Jorasanko Thakurbari and ended at the statue of Gandhiji, where she addressed the gathering and urged them to take steps to conserve water. The state Panchayat and Rural Development department has asked all the Gram Panchayats to take up schemes to conserve water and practice rainwater harvesting. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayThe Housing and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HIDCO) has made rainwater harvesting mandatory for the new big housing complexes. It has also started waste water recycling and the recycled water is used to water roadside plants and trees. The Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) has also proposed to make rainwater harvesting mandatory in big housing complexes. After coming to power in 2011, Mamata Banerjee had asked all the municipalities to explore the possibility of withdrawing unfiltered water from various sources like rivers and other water bodies, filtering it and using it for drinking. Most of the municipalities along river Hooghly are now drawing unfiltered water from the river, purifying it and sending it to the households through pipelines. The Jalashree scheme has helped the people provide water to their farmlands during drought. This has been made possible with close monitoring by the state Irrigation and Waterways department. Meanwhile, under the Jal Dharo-Jal Bharo scheme hundreds of water bodies throughout the state have been cleaned and upgraded. In the vast areas of Sundarbans and the hills, the project has helped the farmers irrigate their land and thereby increase their produce.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday closed a contempt case against an 88-year old retired public servant for writing objectionable letters to senior advocate Rajeev Dhavan for appearing for Muslim parties in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute matter. A five-judge bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi said the man had expressed regret for using such objectionable words in his communication to Dhavan. The bench also comprising justices S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S Abdul Nazeer said there should not be a repetition of such acts again. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details Senior advocate Kapil Sibal, appearing for Dhavan, said he does want any punishment for the retired public servant but a message should be sent to all in the country that there should not be any intimidation of any counsel appearing for any party. The counsel appearing for N Shanmugam said he was expressing his regret for using such words in the letter to Dhavan. The court had on September 3 issued notice to Shanmugam on Dhavan’s contempt plea for allegedly threatening him in a letter, saying physical disabilities will befall him for taking up the case on behalf of Muslim parties against the deity ‘Ram Lalla’.