The U.S. Government awards this medal in recognition of the institution’s efforts to demonstrate commitment, collaboration and coordination in the fight against the misuse of air space, not only in Colombia, but also in other Latin American countries that have interdiction agreements for the fight against drug trafficking. THE AMERICANS AREN’T INTERESTED IN HELPING COLOMBIA FIGHT DRUG TRAFFICKING. THEY HAVE OTHER INTERESTS. By Dialogo April 17, 2013 This honor makes Colombia more committed to accomplishing its constitutional mission and continuing its work to counter the misuse of air space through new technologies and training to remain at the head of Latin America’s fight against this scourge. Air Force General Tito Saúl Pinilla Pinilla, Colombian Air Force Commander, was honored with the ‘Legion of Merit in the Degree of Commander’ award at a military ceremony in Arlington Air Force Base, Virginia. At the ceremony, the Air Force Commander General was acknowledged for the daily organization and training of crews that are responsible for safeguarding their national territory’s sovereignty, as well as for performing high-standard security operations, which make it possible for the Colombian Air Force to become the most operational institution in the continent, with cutting edge technology capable of operating 24/7 in order to guarantee the security of Colombia’s territory. The United States recognizes the efforts made by the Colombian Air Force in strengthening its professionalism and training offered to crews taking a daily part in operations to counter insurgency, which has allowed them to be recognized internationally in recent years, particularly as seen by their participation in air combat exercise “Red Flag” last year, as well as in upcoming international cooperation strategic exercises, such as “Green Flag”, “Maple Flag” and “Angel Thunder”.
The home at 35 Constance Ct, Newport.THIS architecturally-designed, waterfront home is going under the hammer for the second time since it was built. Terry McGarry bought 35 Constance Crt, Newport, at auction by chance 17 years ago and has loved calling it home ever since. “I went along to the auction with some other people … and I ended up buying it,” he said. “When I told my wife I’d bought a house she said she quite liked the house we had, but I talked her around.“It’s been 17 years since then and a lot of fun with our three kids growing up there.”The north-facing, four-bedroom home is spread across two levels and has stunning canal views. On the ground floor there is an open-plan living, dining and kitchen area that flows out to the poolside entertaining area. The home has beautiful views out over the canal.Outside the covered entertainment area and swimming pool overlook the canal and there is a large, fenced front yard and a near-new pontoon. Mr McGarry said his favourite part of the home was the view from the upstairs bedrooms to the bay.“We look right towards the opening of the canals — it’s lovely when the morning sun comes across there,” he said. The property is being marketed by Adam Clark-Lynch from Kindred. The home will be auctioned on May 25 at 6pm. The living areas flows out to the poolside entertaining area.More from newsLand grab sees 12 Sandstone Lakes homesites sell in a week21 Jun 2020Tropical haven walking distance from the surf9 Oct 2019The kitchen has stone benchtops, walk-in pantry and new Bosch dishwasher and oven. There is also a media room on the ground floor along with an office, the fourth bedroom, a laundry and a bathroom with a six-person cedar sauna. Upstairs is a huge north-facing master bedroom with walk-in robe, reading nook, ensuite with bathtub, shower and separate toilet, and a balcony with views over the swimming pool and canal. The two remaining bedrooms have floor-to-ceiling windows, water views and built-in robes. There is also a lounge room on the second floor and a family bathroom.
AROUBA, Trinidad (CMC) – Virtually unknown Terrance Hinds slammed an astonishing unbeaten hundred at number nine before left-arm spinner Akeal Hosein snatched a four-wicket haul, as Leeward Islands Hurricanes found themselves on the ropes on the penultimate day of their second round clash here yesterday.Resuming their first innings on 337 for four in reply to Hurricanes’ 186, Red Force piled up a massive 552 for nine declared at the Brian Lara Stadium, to take a commanding lead of 366.In only his second first-class match after making his debut in last week’s first round, Hinds struck 102 off 77 balls, clobbering seven fours and eight sixes to decimate the Hurricanes attack and notch his maiden hundred.Joshua DaSilva made 80, Yannic Cariah stroked 46 while Bryan Charles, at number 10, chipped in with 43 to further add to the Hurricanes’ woes.Montcin Hodge (42) and Kieran Powell (40) then put on 84 for the first wicket but Hosein triggered a sudden collapse which saw Hurricanes lose seven wickets for 68 runs and end the day on 162 for seven.Hosein, who accounted for both openers, has so far taken four for 56.Heading into today’s final day, Hurricanes require a further 204 runs to avoid an innings defeat.Starting the day on top, Red Force never really relinquished control. DaSilva, resuming on 50, extended his fifth wicket stand with Cariah to 111 before he was one of four wickets to fall for 26 runs.The right-hander had punched 12 fours off 117 deliveries in just over 2-½ hours when he gifted his wicket, chipping a simple catch to short mid-wicket off off-spinner Jacques Taylor (2-79).Cariah, on 27 not out at the start, faced 80 balls in nearly two hours and counted six fours before becoming the day’s second victim and Hosein (10) and Odean Smith (5) fell cheaply as Red Force stumbled to 409 for eight.Hinds then launched a stunning onslaught to dominate a 122-run, ninth-wicket stand with Charles.Unbeaten on 50 from 40 balls at lunch with Red Force on 491 for eight, Hinds completed three figures off only another 27 balls, bringing up the landmark with a slog sweep for six off leg-spinner Damion Jacobs.For his part, Charles notched four fours off 57 deliveries.Lively seamer Sheeno Berridge went wicket-less last Saturday but finished with three for 94 while part-time slow bowler Devon Thomas picked up two for 20.Faced with a daunting task, Hurricanes denied Red Force any early success as Powell and Hodge buckled down in a half-century stand that took them safely to tea on 47 without loss.Hodge struck five fours off 122 deliveries while Powell counted six fours off 79 balls before losing patience and holing out to long-on off Hosein after tea.His dismissal opened the floodgates and after that, only Keacy Carty, with 35 off 51 balls with six fours, showed any resistance.
Elsewhere, welterweight star Nate Diaz (20-11) defeated Anthony Pettis (22-9) by unanimous decision in his first appearance since losing his rematch against Conor McGregor in 2016.A trilogy fight against McGregor could now be on the cards and Diaz is open to reigniting his rivalry with the Irishman.”I’m gonna fight the baddest dudes at the biggest shows, that’s what I want to do,” Diaz said. “If it’s up to everyone who is involved, if they want it, they’re going to call me.” Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a yearMiocic (19-3) was fighting for the first time since losing his title to Cormier (22-2) at UFC 226 in July 2018.Prior to the bout, Cormier’s coach Javier Mendez had suggested the fighter should retire, rather than take on Jon Jones — who labeled Miocic “the greatest heavyweight of all time” — in a trilogy fight.Stipe is hands down the greatest heavyweight of all time. I have nothing else to say— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) August 18, 2019Asked about the possibility of calling it a day, Cormier conceded he must take serious consideration over his next move.”You don’t make decisions based on emotions. But this is a tough pill to swallow,” he said.”At 40 years old, and so many other opportunities [available], I need to speak to my wife and make an educated decision as to what we’re going to do.”Cormier added when asked where the fight went wrong for him: “I think [Miocic] made great body shots. He hit me with a number of right hands and I didn’t really feel anything, so maybe I took those for granted.”He landed a great one and did a good job of following up. He’s a fantastic champion, congratulations to him and his team.”BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET #AndNew #Again #SM pic.twitter.com/MwYU1G02Ru— Stipe Miocic (@stipemiocic) August 18, 2019UFC president Dana White, meanwhile, advised Cormier to take time over his decision.”I don’t know what the future is for Cormier,” White said in the post-fight press conference.”I told him, ‘Don’t think about whether you want to fight again, you don’t want to fight again and any of that stuff. Just relax. Go home and spend some time with your family and we’ll talk about all that s— later.'” Daniel Cormier insists he will not make a decision on his retirement based on emotion after the 40-year-old lost his heavyweight title to Stipe Miocic at UFC 241.Cormier’s rematch with Miocic was ended in the fourth round on Saturday, with the latter having landed a flurry of punches.