Transfers ‘That’s not even a debate’ – Kompany has no interest in summer Man City exit Chris Burton Last updated 1 year ago 09:28 2/6/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(1) Getty Images Transfers Manchester City Premier League The Belgian defender must prove his fitness and fend off added competition but remains adamant that he sees his future at the Etihad Stadium Vincent Kompany remains adamant that his future lies at Manchester City amid suggestions he could move on this summer.The long-serving Belgium international has been at the Etihad Stadium since the summer of 2008.He has made well over 300 appearances for City, helping them to two Premier League titles along with FA Cup and League Cup successes. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player Fitness issues have, however, been a problem at times and Pep Guardiola now boasts centre-half alternatives in the form of John Stones, Nicolas Otamendi and Aymeric Laporte.Kompany, though, is hoping to see out a contract that is due to run until the summer of 2019, with the 31-year-old telling reporters on where he sees himself next season: “That’s not even a debate.“If you’re fit, you have many options and a lot of clubs. If you’re not fit, you don’t have many opportunities and not many clubs.“If I stay fit, I’ll want to play football at City. And if I’m not fit, I won’t have other options.“I don’t know if I could muster the same motivation elsewhere.“It may seem that I’m high maintenance, but I’m a good professional and I work so hard on my return. The longer I’m available, the more chance I’ll get to play more matches.”Kompany has only made 11 appearances this season, with Guardiola carefully managing his workload.The City skipper is, however, ready when required, with regular minutes important to him as he chases down domestic and international goals.Another league title appears to be on the cards, with the Blues still in contention across four competitions, while spots at this summer’s World Cup remain up for grabs.Kompany added on that challenge, with Belgium – who have been placed in the same group as England – expected to go well in Russia: “The opportunity for us is great — but we still have work to do.“In 2014 and 2016, we had a right to failure, because we had a young team. But over the next few years we can’t use that excuse.“We need to be tactically stronger, which will help us physically and technically.”
For the first quarter of 2018, tourist arrivals were at record levels, says Tourism Minister, Hon Edmund Bartlett.Making his contribution to the 2018/19 Sectoral Debate in the House of Representatives on May 8, the Minister informed that for the period, total arrivals were 1,298,674, an increase of 6.6 per cent, including 625,002 stopovers, up by 6.8 per cent; and 673,672 cruise passengers, up by 6.5 per cent.The Minister said this means that Jamaica recorded 80,000 more visitors for January to March, 2018, compared with the same period last year.“We earned, in the process, US$825.3 million, representing an increase of 8.5 per cent in the first quarter of the year,” Mr. Bartlett told the House.The Minister noted that the month of March also recorded a whopping 11.3 per cent increase in stopover arrivals over the similar month last year.Mr. Bartlett said that Jamaica’s tourism sector is poised to exceed its projected growth targets.
“Our labs will also be improved to put us on a solid platform for cutting-edge and world class research and development, improving our ability to not only keep pace but overhaul what we do futuristically,” he said. Feasibility studies are being done for the establishment of an irrigation system that will take water from the Black River to supply farmers in the Pedro Plains of St. Elizabeth. Feasibility studies are being done for the establishment of an irrigation system that will take water from the Black River to supply farmers in the Pedro Plains of St. Elizabeth.Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries Minister, Hon. Audley Shaw, said the proposed project could bring millions of dollars in investments to improve the infrastructure of the parish.He was addressing the launch of the 66th staging of the Denbigh Agricultural, Industrial and Food Show, at the Hi-Pro Supercentre in White Marl, St. Catherine, on June 15.Minister Shaw said that “more serious action” needs to be taken to improve farmers’ access to irrigation in order to increase agricultural productivity and boost economic growth.He informed that the Ministry will be reviewing the progress of the Essex Valley Agricultural Development Project in order “to move on a more aggressive basis.”The project seeks to establish an irrigation system to bring water to over 700 hectares of agricultural land in St. Elizabeth.It is being funded through a grant of GBP35.5 million from the United Kingdom Caribbean Infrastructure Partnership Fund (UKCIF), which is administered by the Barbados-based Caribbean Development Bank (CDB).Turning to other matters, Minister Shaw informed that the $800 million project to upgrade the Bodles Agricultural Research Station in Old Harbour St. Catherine, is progressing well and work on the seed storage station is nearly completed.The seed station will improve the way genetic material is stored in order to prevent losses over time.“Our viability as a sector depends on this. This is how we will enhance our ability to bounce back after extremities and improve our production,” Minister Shaw said.He informed that the dairy facility has been expanded into a modern centre and the piggery unit is being improved to first-world standard to produce high-quality genetic material.“Our labs will also be improved to put us on a solid platform for cutting-edge and world class research and development, improving our ability to not only keep pace but overhaul what we do futuristically,” he said. Story Highlights Turning to other matters, Minister Shaw informed that the $800 million project to upgrade the Bodles Agricultural Research Station in Old Harbour St. Catherine, is progressing well and work on the seed storage station is nearly completed.
Haldia: A major fire broke out at the naphtha cracker unit of the Haldia Petrochemicals Limited here on Friday injuring 15 people, a senior police officer said. The blaze that broke out at 11.15 am, was yet to be brought under control, Purba Medinipur Superintendent of Police V Solomon Nesakumar said. The injured have been rushed to a nearby hospital, he said. The condition of three of the injured is “very serious”, while the rest have suffered “moderate burns” the SP said. Some of the injured were being brought to Kolkata for treatment, he said. The police officer could not say whether workers are trapped inside the unit. District Magistrate Partha Ghosh said, “I am not aware of the incident. I am busy with other things.”
Ghaziabad: In three separate road accidents, five persons, including a minor, were killed while seven others were injured within 24 hours in Ghaziabad.In one of the incidents, police have arrested a 19-years-old student of BJMC for rashly driving and killing an auto driver and injuring three other passengers in Indirapuram area on Sunday. In first incident, 32 year old auto-rickshaw driver, identified as Bishamber Dayal, a resident of Ghaziabad was killed after the auto-rickshaw was hit by a Honda City car from behind at UP gate. Cops said that the Honda city car was being driven by Shivam, a BJMC student in a private college and his father is an office superintendent at income tax office in New Delhi. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: JavadekarThe incident occurred around 5 pm on Sunday, when the car tried to overtake the auto from behind. Victim’s family members have alleged that the accused was drunk at the time of incident. “The accused was driving the car while his two friends were also riding along with him and they were consuming liquor. Police have received liquor bottles from the car but they have not arrested the other two friends of the accused,” alleged Shiv Kumar, nephew of deceased. Also Read – Union min Hardeep Singh Puri, Delhi L-G lay foundation stones for various projects in DwarkaMeanwhile police have arrested the accused and have registered a case against him. “Following the incident, we have registered a case under relevant sections of IPC against Shivam. He was produced before the court and has been sent to jail,” said Deepak Sharma, SHO of Indirapuram police station. In second incident, a 65-year-old man, identified as Dilbagh Rai, a resident of Pratap Vihar area, was killed after a swift car ran over him. Police have registered a case against the car driver and are trying to trace him through vehicle’s registration number. Cops said that the deceased was a retired executive director in Indian Oil company and was currently working as officer on special duty (OSD) to Chairman at PIIT college in Greater Noida. Swarnalata Rai, wife of deceased, said that the incident occurred 7:45 pm on Sunday when a white coloured swift car, bearing registration number-UP 14 BH 0880, which was being rashly driven hit her husband and he collapsed on the road. The driver of fled away from the spot and the elderly woman took him to a hospital where Rai was declared dead on arrival. In another incident, three persons including a minor were killed while as many as three persons were injured in a head to head collision between a tractor and an auto-rickshaw in Loni area. According to police, the deceased have been identified as Rakesh (50), a resident of Mewala Bhatti, Ghaziabad and worked in Municipal Corporation of Delhi as a worker, Shiva (11), a resident of Ghitora, Ghaziabad and he was studying in class 5th in private school and Kailashvati (40). Police are yet to identify the tractor driver.