It is interesting to point out that this project is the first in Croatia whose Study of the Impact on World Heritage, Dubravko Bačić from the Faculty of Architecture in Zagreb, was confirmed by UNESCO. The plan was made by the architectural studio 3LHD, by the Dubrovnik architect Marko Dabrović. The planned spatial plan included a hotel complex that was to have 600 beds, a garage with 500 parking spaces, a congress and concert hall. But Viktor Vekselberg opted for a five times smaller hotel complex with 210 beds in the hotel and 60 in the villas. A hotel of this status has the potential to make Dubrovnik the host of the highest economic and state gatherings. Youtube: Vilin Studios At this year’s session of the Dubrovnik City Council, the mentioned changes to the planning solutions of the complex should be adopted. Namely, if the City Council adopts new spatial documents in the next year, all the needs of the permit will be issued and the demolition of the existing hotel and the construction of a new one will begin. The dilapidated building of the Dubrovnik Hotel Belvedere should soon, it seems, be demolished. In his place, the Russian rich man Viktor Vekselberg plans to build a much smaller but extremely exclusive hotel. It is a project in which he is ready to invest between 120 and 150 million euros, and the hotel could have as many as 7 stars. Photo: imgur / ionization
“It’s a real exciting time,” said the 41-year-old. “I’ve seen the games before and I’ve been fortunate enough to have been at Anfield on a Champions League occasion and they are truly special occasions. “You see the support the players get. We had it in the Europa League, when I sensed a little bit of that atmosphere. “Of course, it’s a different competition, but when we needed to get the win against Zenit St Petersburg the supporters that night were incredible. “Throughout my time here, in the big games, the supporters really show how passionate they are and they show why they are the great set of supporters that they are. “We’ll really look forward to it because we know that in the Champions League, if we can perform well away from home, in the home games we’re going to be hard to beat because of the supporters and the quality of the team.” Rodgers’ summer recruitment will be key as he looks to improve a squad which, despite lacking quality in depth, ran an expensively-assembled City side very close in the title race. The added attraction of Champions League football should ensure they can target a higher calibre of player than last year when Rodgers bought the likes of Sevilla’s Luis Alberto and Celta Vigo’s Iago Aspas for a combined £15million, only for both to fail to make an impact. Progress is slow in talks with Southampton for midfielder Adam Lallana, although Liverpool have been offered some encouragement in their pursuit of Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can, despite the presence of a Bayern Munich buy-back clause. “We’re all working hard still in terms of looking to get players in,” Rodgers told liverpoolfc.com. “Of course, at the club where we are now the signings are complex, they are not all simple signings. “But we need to strengthen up the squad and that’s something that we’re working hard to do over the next number of weeks.” Press Association Manager Brendan Rodgers is excited by the prospect of leading Liverpool into the Champions League next season after committing his long-term future to the club. The disappointment of finishing runners-up to Premier League champions Manchester City was offset by the knowledge the club would be back among Europe’s elite for the first time since 2009. Rodgers, who on Monday signed a new deal believed to take him through to 2018 at Anfield, experienced the Europa League during his first year in charge, but knows next season will be completely different.