BLOOMINGDALE, Ill. (AP) — Authorities say a shooting during a large gathering at a suburban Chicago hotel left one man dead and several other people wounded. Police in Bloomingdale said officers who responded about 2:35 a.m. Saturday to a report of shots fired on the fifth floor of the Indian Lakes Hotel saw several people fleeing. The Chicago Sun-Times reports that the medical examiner’s office identified the person killed as 27-year-old James McGill Jr., of Chicago. Bloomingdale Public Safety Director Frank Giammarese says the shooting occurred during “some type of large get-together” among hotel guests. He says investigators are still piecing together what happened.
“It’s certainly proper football,” said Lampard in an interview for the BBC’s Football Focus, recounted on the official Chelsea website. “There are clear things that are going to be affected, you may not get to the level of what we get with crowds because that’s why the Premier League is for me the best in the world, because our home fans drive us on and that’s why home advantage is so important but when you go away, that hostility and tribalism sometimes drives you on as well. It’s a beautiful thing. read also:Lampard reveals Drogba’s impact in Chelsea’s Champions League triumph “Of course it’s football [the behind-closed-door games]. There will be things that are different and I’ll have to speak to the players about that but when there’s three points and when you’re playing for your team and you want to get somewhere in the league, then of course the focus is there.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, is happy seeing the Bundesliga make a successful return Chelsea manager Frank Lampard Football in Germany was back underway successfully last weekend, with matches played in empty stadiums, substitutes sat two metres apart on the sidelines and players celebrating goals without contact. Lampard is convinced the measures are necessary and a better option than being unable to finish the 2019/20 season.Advertisement Promoted ContentWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black HolesThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone Loading…
Press Association Alan Pardew is convinced Newcastle will face the team of the season, regardless whether the Reds lift the title or not. He said: “They have been brilliant. They have been the team of the season, probably, regardless of whether they win it or not. “It’s a tough game for us because at home, they have been awesome. “They have got real pace in the team and in the modern game, that kills you. “You look at Bayern Munich – it’s real pace everywhere. Real Madrid – the top teams, you have got to have that pace. “It’s something that as a manager you long for and hopefully we can improve a little bit on in our team.” Key to Liverpool’s success has been their SAS strike partnership of Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge. Pardew has huge admiration for Uruguay international Suarez, who was last month named the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year. He said: “You don’t win an award like that from your fellow professionals unless you deserve it. He has been outstanding. “He elevates Liverpool to another level, there’s no doubt about that. I think Brendan would agree with that.” Newcastle will run out at Anfield at least having ended a damaging run of six successive league defeats by beating Cardiff 3-0 at St James’ Park last week, although amid an atmosphere which left Pardew in little doubt as to his current standing on Tyneside. His most vociferous critics were far from placated by a result which at least ensured the club will finish in the top half of the table, and he knows he has a major job on his hands to persuade some supporters that he remains the right man for the job. The 52-year-old said: “We desperately want to win and in terms of the game, it’s going to be a great atmosphere, for sure, because Brendan Rodgers has done an unbelievable job. “Moving four or five positions at the top of the league is the hardest job that there is in football, and for me he has got a great chance of being Manager of the Year, and rightly so – and he could still win the title. “That’s his format. For me, it’s about a performance that will make our fans at least believe that we have got some good players here still and that we just need a couple more to boost it. “I have got to be careful what numbers I use because it always gets washed away, but we know that we need more players.” Striker Papiss Cisse is out as he faces up to four months on the sidelines after undergoing surgery to repair a fractured kneecap. Monday’s contest at Selhurst Park, in which the Merseysiders were held 3-3 after leading 3-0 with a little more than 10 minutes to go, appeared the final nail in the coffin for their Barclays Premier League title challenge. If they are to emerge from Sunday’s top-flight finale as champions, they will need to beat Newcastle at home and hope West Ham win at leaders Manchester City, who are two points clear of the second-placed Reds with a vastly superior goal difference. Brendan Rodgers insists the spirit in the Liverpool camp has been “excellent” ahead of Sunday’s clash with Newcastle, despite the hammer blow of the draw at Crystal Palace. Rodgers’ men had looked destined to claim a first league title for the club in 24 years not long ago and their devastation was clear after the final whistle on Monday. But while he is keen for there to be lessons taken from such painful experiences, the Northern Irishman has also emphasised the importance of not dwelling on what might have been and continuing to look forward. Asked at his pre-Newcastle press conference how the spirit had been since the Palace match, Rodgers – who is adamant he has not yet given up on the title – said: “It has been excellent. “You could see the emotion after the game and that was pretty much the same in the dressing room afterwards. “But we know the areas we need to improve. “We won’t dwell on it. You can’t think about what might or could have happened, you can only really focus on what has happened and look forward to getting better and improving.” Liverpool have midfielder Jordan Henderson available again for Sunday’s match . Henderson has missed the last three games due to suspension after being sent off in the 3-2 win over Manchester City. The conclusion of the ban means that, other than long-term knee injury victim Jose Enrique, Rodgers has a full squad to choose from.
ELLSWORTH — Runners from all six Hancock County high schools and elsewhere throughout the state came to Ellsworth on Saturday for the first meet of the 2018 cross-country season.In the boys’ event, Ellsworth, Bucksport, Mount Desert Island and George Stevens Academy competed as teams with runners from Sumner and Deer Isle-Stonington competing as individuals. Ellsworth racked up 85 points as a team to claim third overall behind Hermon and Caribou as MDI took fourth with 117 points, GSA placed seventh with 210 and Bucksport claimed 11th with 313.Individually, Ellsworth’s Matt Shea finished with the strongest performance of any local runner in both boys’ and girls’ events. The junior crossed the finish line in 17 minutes, 29.04 seconds to finish second to Caribou’s Dylan Marrero.Sumner sophomore Luke Barnes took ninth on the boys’ side with a time of 18:19.73, and MDI’s Alex Eason finished in 18:25.05 to crack the top 10. Other notable finishers included Ellsworth’s Beckett Markosian (13th) and Nick Cormier (17th), GSA’s Caden Mattson (18th) and MDI’s Stephen Grierson (22nd) and Jon Genrich (23rd).This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textOnly Ellsworth and MDI competed in the girls’ event with runners from the other four schools competing individually. The Trojans finished with 71 points to claim third behind Orono and Caribou, and the Eagles claimed fourth place with 84 points.Ellsworth junior Caitlin MacPherson placed fourth overall to finish as the top local girls’ runner with a time of 21:02.57. Olivia Johnson of MDI finished in sixth place with a time of 21:30.77, and Abby Mazgaj of Ellsworth also earned a spot in the top 10 by finishing eighth with a time of 21:44.88.MDI’s Rachelle Swanson (13th) and Katelyn Osborne (14th) and Ellsworth’s Miriam Nelson (16th) were among the other notable girls’ finishers. A total of 53 runners participated in the girls’ race.Below is a full list of local individual finishers and team scores for both the boys’ and girls’ events.Boys’ individual2. Matt Shea, Ellsworth, 17 minutes, 29.04 seconds9. Luke Barnes, Sumner, 18:19.7310. Alex Eason, Mount Desert Island, 18:25.0513. Beckett Markosian, Ellsworth, 18:34.5217. Nick Cormier, Ellsworth, 18:51.2418. Caden Mattson, George Stevens Academy, 18:56.5722. Stephen Grierson, MDI, 19:06.6423. Jon Genrich, MDI, 19:07.7525. Calvin Nelson, Ellsworth, 19:15.7326. Jacob Benson, MDI, 19:17.1632. Mark Berry, Ellsworth, 19:42.7133. Logan Carter, Sumner, 19:48.5334. Ponce Saltysiak, MDI, 19:48.5738. Bryce Carter, Ellsworth, 19:58.7540. Harley Brown, MDI, 20:14.6545. Ian Renwick, GSA, 20:41.9147. David Hileman, Bucksport, 20:53.6349. Oliver Wilson, GSA, 20:59.9557. Henry Penfold, Deer Isle-Stonington, 21:32.1958. Nyamh Wolf, GSA, 21:50.0459. Sean Schweizer, GSA, 21:56.0965. Alex DeWitt, Ellsworth, 22:24.0266. Wyatt Lawson, MDI, 22:40.8168. Christian Winslow, Bucksport, 23:26.4571. Benjamin Penfold, DI-S, 23:49.6774. Micah Hileman, Bucksport, 24:42.8376. James Palkie, Bucksport, 27:07.6777. Nate Bowden, Bucksport, 27:30.99Boys’ team scores3. Ellsworth, 854. MDI, 1177. GSA, 21011. Bucksport, 313Girls’ individual4. Caitlin MacPherson, Ellsworth, 21:02.576. Olivia Johnson, MDI, 21:30.778. Abby Mazgaj, Ellsworth, 21:44.8813. Rachelle Swanson, MDI, 22:40.7914. Katelyn Osborne, MDI, 22:44.1016. Miriam Nelson, Ellsworth, 22:56.6924. Grace Munger, MDI, 24:06.4527. Olivia Watson, MDI, 24:24.4429. Emma McKechnie, Ellsworth, 24:32.9930. Louise Chaplin, MDI, 24:36.4035. Loren Genrich, MDI, 25:02.3241. Lanny Zentz, GSA, 27:16.7842. Josie Czuj, GSA, 27:17.3143. Jenna Eldridge, GSA, 27:20.0547. Kristen Moseley, Ellsworth, 28:39.50Girls’ team scores3. MDI, 714. Ellsworth, 84
July 7, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The reigning World Series champion Washington Nationals have resumed training camp after canceling workouts Monday because of COVID-19 testing delays. Associated Press The R&A is going ahead with the Women’s British Open at Royal Troon without spectators.The Women’s British Open is set for Aug. 20-23 at Royal Troon along the Ayrshire coast of Scotland. It would be the first major on the LPGA Tour schedule that is played this year and it would be the week after the Ladies Scottish Open on the other side of the country just east of Edinburgh.Qualifying for the AIG Women’s British Open has been canceled. The R&A says the field will be comprised of leading players from the women’s world ranking and recognizing top performances at recent events on the world’s leading tours.The R&A says it will create a bio secure zone at Royal Troon for those essential to the championship. It says it will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure a safe championship without spectators.___ General manager Mike Rizzo said the team felt confident about getting back to Nationals Park for practices after receiving all player and staff test results from Friday. The American League champion Houston Astros also canceled workouts Monday and resumed Tuesday.A handful of players did not take part in workouts, including Starlin Castro, Juan Soto, Howie Kendrick and Victor Robles. Without naming names, Rizzo said two players tested positive for the coronavirus and that any players and staff who came into contact with them had to be re-tested___Major League Soccer has postponed Wednesday night’s match between Nashville and Chicago Fire.MLS says five Nashville players have received positive tests for COVID-19 since arriving in Orlando. Two players received positive results during the weekend, while three others got their positive results Monday night. Four other Nashville players need further testing after receiving inconclusive results. The league is continuing to evaluate Nashville’s participation in its tournament. FC Dallas withdrew Monday after 10 players tested positive for coronavirus.___New York Liberty guard Asia Durr will miss the upcoming WNBA season after testing positive for the coronavirus on June 8.Durr detailed her struggles with COVID-19 in a post on Instagram. The former Louisville star says she hasn’t fully recovered.The second pick of the 2019 WNBA draft averaged 6.7 points in her rookie season, starting 15 of her 18 appearances before being sidelined for the season with a hip injury. ___Two more badminton tournaments have been canceled in the revamped calendar because of the coronavirus pandemic.The China Masters in Lingshui was canceled after already being moved from February to May and then to August.It was to be the first comeback event but that’s now expected to be the Chinese Taipei Open in Taipei from Sept. 1-6.The Dutch Open in Almere in October was also put off for this year. ___Sixteen players and officials from Bulgarian soccer club Cherno More have tested positive for coronavirus.The club from the Black Sea town of Varna says 12 players are among the positive cases and adds “all players who tested positive are quarantined and we have taken the necessary precautions.”Cherno More played a league game against Tsarsko Selo in Sofia on Thursday. The laboratory that conducted pre-match tests admitted the following day that it had not announced that one of the players on the team from Sofia had tested positive.Cherno More says the club is still ready to play on Tuesday against Arda Kardzhali despite the positive tests. The quarantined players would be replaced by members of the team’s junior squad. The International Cycling Union says this year’s BMX world championships have been canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic.The event was scheduled to be held in Houston in May and was at first postponed.The UCI says no new host was found “despite its best efforts to come up with an alternative.”The next BMX worlds are scheduled to start in Papendal, Netherlands, in August 2021. That is one week after the Tokyo Olympics. Four BMX medal events are on the Olympic program.The UCI also says the 2020 season in BMX Freestyle Park and Flatland World Cup will not happen. The Latest: Washington Nationals resume training camp “Asia worked extremely hard this offseason to put herself in position to take a major leap forward in her second WNBA season,” Liberty general manager Jonathan Kolb said. “While we are disappointed that we will need to wait a bit longer to see her emerge as one of the bright young players in the game, we fully recognize and support the difficult decision she had to make amidst unprecedented circumstances. Brooklyn will be ready for her in 2021.”___Two members of Louisville’s men’s basketball program have tested positive for COVID-19 and the team has suspended voluntary activities for two weeks.A news release from the school did not specify whether it was players or staff members who tested positive. It added that those impacted are being quarantined and proper protocols are being followed.___ ___The Austrian soccer league has started an investigation into the coronavirus testing procedures of all 16 second-division teams after three players from one club tested positive over the weekend.The league says each club must provide receipts and test results to prove that all players have been tested on a weekly basis since play resumed on June 5 after a 12-week break.The investigation comes after last-place Kapfenberger SV apparently breached the anti-coronavirus rules by failing to structurally test its players.The league opened proceedings against Kapfenberg on Monday. ___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
Dhaka, Sep 29 (PTI) India defeated arch-rivals Pakistan 3-1 to storm into the summit clash of the fourth mens Under-18 Asia Cup hockey tournament here today. India took the lead in the seventh minute through Shivam Anands strike. It was the Indians who were more clinical in front of the goal, as three minutes from half time they doubled their lead through a penalty corner conversion by Dilpreet Singh (32nd minute). After the change of ends, India continued to assert their supremacy and controlled the possession. Soon India earned another penalty corner and from the resultant effort secured a penalty stroke but Waqar, in front of Pakistan goal, saved the try to keep his side in the game. Within minutes though, Nilam Sanjeep Xess (46th) converted another penalty corner to give India a comfortable 3-0 lead. Pakistan managed to pull a goal back through Amjad Ali Khan (63rd) but it proved to be too little too late as India held on to emerge 3-1 victorious. India will meet hosts Bangladesh in the final tomorrow. Soon after the win, Sports Minister Vijay Goel took to twitter to congratulate the Indian colts for their triumph over Pakistan. PTI SSC PDS PDS