In the meantime, party elders such as former President George W. Bush have publicly congratulated Biden on his successful bid.“Though we have political differences, I know Joe Biden to be a good man, who has won his opportunity to lead and unify our country,” Bush said in a statement.But even more ominous for Trump is the fact that a growing list of organizations who fought hard for his reelection are starting to reject his ill-fated effort.- Advertisement – On a call with reporters Monday, U.S. Chamber of Commerce representatives said the time for campaigning had come to an end. Over the weekend, the chamber had joined other GOP boosters like the National Association of Manufacturers and the Business Roundtable in congratulating the incoming Biden administration. Sens. Mitt Romney of Utah and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska were among the only GOP lawmakers to actually acknowledge President-elect Joe Biden’s win by Sunday evening. What was more typical was Republicans who stoked doubt in the results and endorsed Trump’s disinformation push to invalidate Biden’s victory.“Every legal challenge should be heard,” GOP House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California told Fox News. “Then and only then will America decide who won the race.”Trump has continued to frame the referendum on his dismal leadership as “a stolen election,” even as he spent all day Saturday and Sunday at the links. Several top aides have reportedly tried to impart to Trump that his chances of prevailing through his legal challenges are zero-to-none at this point. But Trump has a thick and impenetrable skin when it comes to reality, particularly when it involves him officially being declared a “loser.” – Advertisement – – Advertisement – “It’s time for the president’s lawyers to present the facts, and it’s time for those facts to speak for themselves,” Sen. Blunt, who chairs the Senate Rules Committee, said on ABC’s This Week. “It seems unlikely that any changes could be big enough to make a difference, but this is a close election, and we need to acknowledge that.”Blunt added that he looked forward “to the president dealing with this however he needs to deal with it.”- Advertisement –
Topics : Separately, BI senior deputy governor Destry Damayanti responded to Ridwan’s statement, saying it was one of BI’s duties to help regional administrations.“Our mandates include maintaining price stabilization. Together with the West Java administration, we already have a regional inflation monitoring team. We will keep inflation on both national and regional levels relatively low,” said Destry.The West Java administration has set a target to increase investment in the province by 10 percent in 2020 from the Rp 130 trillion (US$9.5 billion) pocketed last year.Amazon and Hyundai are among the foreign investors expected to pour money into West Java, with investments of Rp 40 trillion and Rp 100 trillion, respectively. The petrochemical business in Indramayu is also expected to receive Rp 1 trillion in foreign investment.Ridwan said West Java’s large population allowed it to achieve high economic productivity, noting that drivers of the province’s economy included tourism and manufacturing. (syk) While West Java has recorded the highest rates of domestic and foreign investment in the country over the last two years, with economic growth also above the national average, the governor has admitted his administration needs to monitor the province’s above average inflation rate.“[Inflation] remains a concern,” West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil said during the inauguration of the new head of Bank Indonesia’s [BI] West Java branch on Friday.Statistics Indonesia (BPS) reported that inflation in West Java reached 2.95 percent in the period of January to August last year, up from 2.58 percent year-on-year (yoy), mainly driven by rising food prices in the region. The rate is higher than the 2019 national average of 2.72 percent. Many believe the high inflation rate could scare off investors, as inflation erodes the value of investment returns over time, prompting investors to shift their money to markets with lower inflation rates.During the inauguration ceremony, Ridwan called on BI’s West Java chief representative, Herawanto, to help strengthen the economy of West Java.“The West Java administration needs to translate BI’s statistical language into concrete programs to strengthen its economy,” said Ridwan.Read also: West, Central Java lead efforts to lure investors
The home at 25A-25B White St, Kelvin Grove.This three-bedroom Queenslander is new to the market in a popular Brisbane suburb. The home at 25A-25B White St, Kelvin Grove is ideal to first homebuyers, families or investors. More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019The living room at 25A-25B White St, Kelvin Grove.The well-presented house is on a 329sqm block and has high ceilings, VJ walls and timber floorboards. The three bedrooms and good-sized living area are off the central hallway and there is a generously-sized kitchen at the back of the home. The pool and outdoor area at 25A-25B White St, Kelvin Grove.. The kitchen at 25A-25B White St, Kelvin GroveThe kitchen has wraparound stone benchtops, white cabinetry, stainless steel appliances and a servery window out to the back deck. The covered deck flows out to the fenced, inground pool.Under the house there is garage parking for two cars, a rumpus room and a laundry with toilet
“It’s certainly proper football,” said Lampard in an interview for the BBC’s Football Focus, recounted on the official Chelsea website. “There are clear things that are going to be affected, you may not get to the level of what we get with crowds because that’s why the Premier League is for me the best in the world, because our home fans drive us on and that’s why home advantage is so important but when you go away, that hostility and tribalism sometimes drives you on as well. It’s a beautiful thing. read also:Lampard reveals Drogba’s impact in Chelsea’s Champions League triumph “Of course it’s football [the behind-closed-door games]. There will be things that are different and I’ll have to speak to the players about that but when there’s three points and when you’re playing for your team and you want to get somewhere in the league, then of course the focus is there.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, is happy seeing the Bundesliga make a successful return Chelsea manager Frank Lampard Football in Germany was back underway successfully last weekend, with matches played in empty stadiums, substitutes sat two metres apart on the sidelines and players celebrating goals without contact. Lampard is convinced the measures are necessary and a better option than being unable to finish the 2019/20 season.Advertisement Promoted ContentWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black HolesThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone Loading…
Liverpool have spent more than any other Premier League club on fees paid to players’ agents for the third successive year, according to figures released by the Football Association on Wednesday. Liverpool top the latest figures for Premier League spending on agent fees The FA’s latest list covers the summer window in 2019 and the January 2020 transfer period. Over those two windows, Premier League leaders Liverpool spent £30.3 million ($37.6 million) on agent fees. Liverpool’s major deal over that period was the signing of Japan winger Takumi Minamino from Salzburg for £7.2 million in January. The club’s total agent spend was a reduction from nearly £44 million, which the Reds spent the previous year.Advertisement Under FIFA rules, the FA has been publishing the total payments made by clubs in England’s top five divisions to agents for the last three years, as well as a list of every transfer which involved an agent. Despite Liverpool’s reduction and the Premier League’s efforts to bring down the amount clubs spend on agents, the combined figures show an increase from £261 million to £263.3 million for the English top-flight. The top four spenders on agents, as in the two previous years, consisted of Liverpool, Manchester City, who spent £29 million, Manchester United, who paid £27.6 million, and Chelsea, whose total was £26.2 million. Read Also: Video: Messi lucky to escape red card during Barca vs Athletic club Everton, at £16.9 million, are the fifth biggest spenders on agents’ fees, with Arsenal, £13.6 million, West Ham, £13.2 million and Tottenham, £12.5 million, making up the top eight. Burnley’s £3.9 million spend was the lowest of the 20 Premier League clubs. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted Content11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without Recharging7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseTop 10 Female Disney Villains You’ll Definitely Fall In Love With6 Best Natural History Museums In The World10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithMacaulay Culkin’s Own Version Of The New ‘Home Alone’The Best Cars Of All Time7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”
RelatedPosts Lampard: I still have confidence in Tomori Mane double eases Liverpool to win over 10-man Chelsea EPL: Chelsea, Liverpool in cagey duel English Premier League leaders Liverpool will travel to either Championship side Bristol City or League One Shrewsbury Town in the fourth round, following Monday’s draw. They had fielded a virtual youth side and still beat Everton in the FA Cup third round on Sunday, while Bristol City and Shrewsbury drew 1-1 on Saturday. Bristol City, who drew 1-1 at home to Shrewsbury, pulled off one of the great FA Cup shocks last time. Then, they had faced Liverpool, winning a third round replay 1-0 at Anfield in 1994 as a second-tier side. The result led to the resignation of the Anfield club’s boss Graeme Souness. Shrewsbury had less luck in their only ever meeting with Liverpool, losing 4-0 at home in the fourth round in 1996. The Merseysiders, currently world and European champions, last won the FA Cup in 2006. Holders Manchester City will host Fulham who knocked out Premier League Aston Villa on Saturday. Manchester United or Wolverhampton Wanderers, who drew 0-0 on Sunday, will play last year’s runners-up Watford or Tranmere Rovers. Tranmere Rovers came from 3-0 down to draw their third-round tie 3-3. Arsenal, who have won the world’s oldest Cup competition a record 13 times, will be away to Bournemouth. Burnley versus Norwich City is the only other guaranteed all-Premier League match-up among the fourth round fixtures, which will be played between January 24 and 27. Championship side Birmingham City have been drawn away at either Bristol Rovers or Coventry City but could play on their own ground. That is if Coventry win the replay between the third-tier sides since the Sky Blues currently share St Andrew’s. Former West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic will return to his old club with his second-tier West Bromwich Albion side. Reuters/NAN.Tags: Bristol CityFA CupLiverpoolShrewsbury
ELLSWORTH — The 11th annual Flattop 5K and kids’ Fun Run is slated for Saturday, March 26, in Lamoine.The race is held in honor of the late Bill Pinkham, a dedicated runner in the community.The kids’ one-mile run is set for 9:30 a.m., and the 5K begins at 10. The cost is $15 for 5K runners and $1 for the Fun Run.Races begin at the Lamoine Consolidated School, which is on Route 184 — about six miles from the intersection of routes 1 and 184.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textRegistration closes on race day at 9 a.m. for the Fun Run and 9:30 for the 5K.For more information, call Robin Emery at 667-9219.
To ensure that youths dissipate their energy on profitable activities, effort would be geared toward raising the profile of sports to ensure that Lagos continues to be the hub of sports sector in Nigeria.The All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship Candidate in Lagos, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who believes that huge opportunities exist in sports, pledged at the weekend to utilize the sector to empowers youths when voted into office.“We know we have a huge opportunity in sports and the youths are always very energetic to do sports. What we are going to do is to identify the sports where we have strength in and look for partners that we can work with. sanwo olu “The government will build more facilities but we need the private sector for sports development to be sustained so that we can utilize the energy that I can see from all of the youths that are in Lagos, including those that wish to do athletics, football and any kind of sports. This will be under our entertainment and tourism plans, that is where we have sports and we are going to be heavy on it,” Sanwo-Olu said this during the ‘Lagos Walk With Sanwo-Olu’ fitness exercise organised by 39142 Group in Lagos at the weekend.He added: “As you can see, we are all here to pass on the message that ours is going to be a keep fit government which underscores the importance of staying healthy. Healthy living is what we will be propagating through sports. You know that is only when you have a healthy environment that you have a wealthy state.“We will work out a plan to have this walk initiative regularly when we get into government. It might not be every Saturday but we will have it in every part of Lagos. We will go round different locations, different divisions, and encourage people to come out and walk with us, so that they free themselves of little illnesses by exercising their body and, by walking, they will be able to think better,” he noted.The walk which took off from the Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) and terminated at the Muri Okunola Park, had several youths across the state taking part in the 10km fitness exerciseShare this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
What coronavirus?Despite urgings from the NFLPA, Tom Brady and the Buccaneers are practicing even though two Tampa Bay players and a member of the coaching staff tested positive for COVID-19 in the past week, per the Tampa Bay Times. While NFL organizations have reopened facilities, players have not yet been cleared to practice at team facilities, further complicating the situation. Brady led fellow teammates in a workout at Berkeley Preparatory School. This seems ill advised for a multitude of reasons, including Florida’s surging cases of coronavirus and the NFLPA’s warning against private workouts together.”Please be advised that it is our consensus medical opinion that in light of the increase in COVID-19 cases in certain states that no players should be engaged in practicing together in private workouts,” NFLPA Dr. Thom Mayer said, via ESPN. “Our goal is to have all players and your families as healthy as possible in the coming months.”MORE: Why “Hard Knocks” is a bad idea in 2020According to the Tampa Bay Times, Brady was flanked by Rob Gronkowski, Chris Godwin, Scotty Miller, Jamel Dean, Sean Murphy-Bunting, Mike Edwards, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Griffin and Ryan Jensen. This upcoming season, Brady’s first in Tampa Bay, could be the twilight of Brady’s career, meaning wanting to acclimate to new teammates in a new system is paramount to success. So, it’s unsurprising that Brady and Co. want to get on the same page and quick. Still, for an organization dealing with coronavirus issues of its own, Bucs players practicing together seems to be a case of willful ignorance.All in all, it’s been an eventful tenure so far in Tampa for Brady, from breaking and entering to being told he can’t be in a public park. Let’s hope he doesn’t come down with the coronavirus, too.Well, maybe Brady has the utmost trust in the TB12 method to ward off COVID-19.
MASON CITY — The fall Seniors and Law Enforcement Together Forum takes place tomorrow morning in Mason City, and the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff Kevin Pals says Investigator Al Perales with the Iowa Attorney General’s office will be giving a presentation about ongoing scams targeting seniors.“Unfortunately it’s still happening in North Iowa. I know just in the Sheriff’s Office alone, we get weekly calls of people trying to get scammed over the telephone. It is the number one scam way that we see in North Iowa, the internet is second, and mail would be the last, but unfortunately people are still falling for these scams. It’s hard to understand for us, but you know we’re not in their position.”Pals says Perales will talk with seniors about easy ways not to fall victim to a scammer. “Number one thing he’s going to tell everybody, if you don’t recognize the number, don’t answer the phone. Your bank doesn’t call you on the phone and ask personal information…Social Security doesn’t do that, and they don’t change your Social Security number. Any credit card company, they don’t call you on the phone and try to get information, they already have it. That’s the number one thing, but it’s still happening.”Law enforcement agencies will also have booths set up and give updates, and a representative of the Community Health Center will also give a presentation. The SALT Forum takes place at the Grace Church at 440 North Illinois from 8:30 until noon tomorrow morning.